IBM Global Services, Moosic PA: I/T Specialist (1994 - present)
Perform many functions at our client's site (Prudential Financial):
1) Business Analysis: Attend initial project meetings, gather and interpret specifications, follow up with question and answer sessions to arrive at a complete picture of requirements.
2) Systems Analysis and Programming: Generate systems specifications from business requirements, document proposed system flow and "walk thru" with the business units affected, create program specifications and either perform the programming myself or assign to a junior programmer. Review alpha test case scenarios and follow up on finished product.
3) Provide support to Acceptance Testing Group: Support testing environment, assist in use of JCL, TSO, and Jobtrac scheduling system, provide CICS and batch support.
4) Provide consultative support to our client's Business Teams.
5) Provide rotational 24 x 7 support of three client production systems. Includes follow up and resolution of production problems which may occur during nightly batch processing runs, efficiency monitoring and improvements to our production systems, writing programs to correct data problems or perform specific data manipulation not provided for in our client's record keeping system.
6) Have functioned in a Team Lead or Assistant Team Lead on several projects ranging from a complete record keeping system database conversion from a hierarchical database structure to a VSAM based structure, assisted in plan loan to participant loan conversions, converted new client databases to our client's database, and participated in regularly scheduled software releases and upgrades.
American Computer Enterprises, Wilkes-Barre PA
Applications Programming Manager (1983 - 1994)
Functioning in a Computer Service Bureau environment afforded me a very diverse background in not only data processing, but also business skill development. Among the skills and experiences are:
1) Development of a comfort level in meeting with large scale clients such as Seagram's, Eastman-Kodak, and Lever Bros.
2) Development of team leadership skills functioning as first, Senior Systems Analyst, and later, Applications Programming Manager.
3) Participated in budget and systems hardware and software purchasing decisions.
4) Accompanied our Sales staff on visits to large potential clients as the Systems/Technical representative.
5) Demonstrated creativeness and positive results in designing and implementing a completely "home grown", parameter driven refund and coupon redemption processing system used to generate several million dollars worth of checks per year. This processing was formerly performed by a highly customized system which required several program changes for each application using it.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
King's College, Wilkes-Barre PA (1977) GPA: 3.35
COBOL II CICS MicroFocus COBOL DB2 RPG II
Training in Visual Basic Training in C++
Specific System Skills:
TSO VSAM (programming and systems) OS/MVS JCL
Jobtrac Scheduling System
ChangeMan - code version control
Expediter - code debugging tool